Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Feeding Decision

I decided to stop breastfeeding on Sunday and exclusively bottle feed. The decision was very hard to make, but pumping every 2-3 hours and having my milk supply not increase was very demanding and taking a toll on my daily schedule both physically & emotionally.
She had been receiving 2/3 formula and 1/3 milk for 10 days and I tried everything to make my supply increase but have made peace with the decision. It was not meant to be for me and Haylee!
Haylee is now on Enfamil LactoFree formula and doing good. Monday she weighed 8 lbs, 14 ounces and looks like a healthy baby girl! Thank you to all my girlfriends and family who have been supportive during this month of breastfeeding and understanding of my decision to stop. (especially my husband Christian who usually got the brunt end of the many melt-downs! Love you honey!)
Well, more pictures to come of my little lady bug Haylee!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

My mom calls me lady bug and has since I was a little girl! It's a very endearing nickname.