Friday, April 3, 2009

A Memorable 1st Week Back to Work!

It was a very adventurous week back to work for myself, Christian & Haylee.
She is doing well at the sitter's house and comes back with very good report cards every day.
Chris has been doing a great job of getting her ready to go in the mornings and dropping her off at the sitter's house.
This week back at work was better than I thought for myself. I called the sitter once on Monday and haven't called the rest of the week! Work has been so busy that 4:30pm arrives quickly and I am off to pick her up. I love picking up my little girl & love being greeted by smiles.
On Tuesday Haylee and I went for a stroller ride around the neighborhood. About 15 minutes into it we left someone's drive way to cross the street and the stroller's front wheels got stuck in a crack on the street. Needless to say I was pushing full force so the whole stroller, Haylee and I tipped over. I feel on top of it leaving me with 2 nice bruises adorning my shins and poor Haylee wasn't strapped in her carseat and flew forward and started screaming. I rushed home, soothed her and got her to eat 1/2 her bottle once she settled. I wasn't sure if she bumped her head on the concrete, so as a precautionary measure I took her to the Children's ER to get checked out. Christian met us there and we were finally seen at 9:30pm! It was a long night for the 3 of us, especially Haylee but the good news was she did NOT have a concussion and seems to be doing well.
On top of the minor head bump, she broke out in a full body & full face rash from her AVEENO baby lotion. That lotion bottle quickly went in the trash when we got home and her skin is looking better and less red today. Poor Haylee!!!!
Glad that it is finally Friday! Haylee and I are looking forward to a fun visit to Kansas City tomorrow while Christian enjoys a baby & wife-free weekend!

No comments: