Monday, June 14, 2010

Bath Time Troubles...

A little over a week ago Haylee started screaming and crying when it came to bath time. Before this, she absolutely LOVED the bathtub, but for the past 9 days she tears up when we say the word "bath".
I know this is just a phase for my little 1 1/2 year old, but it is a hard phase since bath time is a necessity for basic cleanliness!
After reading comments from mommy friends of Facebook and reading some other mommy advice blogs online, Friday night we ditched some of her old to toys and replaced them with new soap crayons and a new ocean friends themed suction cup basketball net.

The soap crayons helped a bit on Friday and at least she only cried for part of her bath, but still refused to sit down. Needless to say my bathroom floor has been covered with water because she stands with a death grip on the edge of the tub and when I have to rinse her, half of the water stays in the tub, while the other half ends up on the floor!

Last night was another OK bath experience for Haylee. Again, the minute we pulled into the garage I said "Its time for bath time..yea!" she teared up and tried to re-buckler herself in her carseat. Once we got upstairs I turned on the bathtub faucet and she ran into her room wimpering...
Luckily our cat Tanner was very intersted in checking out the soap crayons so he sat on the toilet seat observing the tub. I used him as a ploy to lure H into the bathroom. Tears and all, I put her in the tub. After 5 minutes of crying, she gave up (still refused to sit down) but started playing with her basketball net and I even witnessed a splash!

Toddlers are funny little people! Hopefully bathtime will become a fun experience again, but until then the coaxing continues!

No comments: