Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Potty Training

Ummm, no pictures about this subject.... (yet!) Last Saturday it snowed 7" in St. Louis....crazy for March 26th right!!?? The snow day gave me the opportunity to put Miss Haylee in her big girl underwear and to attempt potty training. Let me just say that my girl is amazing!!! Day #1 (Saturday)-H loves wearing her "big girl" underwear. So, on day #1 she pee-peed in the potty 4 times with 3 total accidents. During 2 accidents, she told me that she was peeing and I grabbed her immediately, stuck her on the potty, and she finished peeing in the potty. Day #1 was a great success in my book! Her reward is 2 M&Ms every time she does her business. I know-not very appropriate coming from her dietitian mommy! Oh well--the girl loves them and if that is what gets her to pee on the potty, then keep the M&Ms coming!!!! Day #2 -Another day in underwear. She had a #2 during nap (nap time requires a pull-up or diaper and so does night time--She's not that fast of a learner!) but every pee pee trip to the potty was great...No accidents!! Day #3-Monday morning! H had to go to miss Mei-Li's house this morning. Chris and I decided to send her in underwear instead of her usual diaper routine. Let me tell ya--she did great! No accidents and she used our sitter's potty 4 times! I think she is even inspiring the other 2 kiddos to get excited about using the potty! Day #4- Again, No pee pee accidents. H told our sitter for 1 1/2 hours that she had to go #2, they would go sit on the pottty but nothing would happen. Unfortunately she eneded up having a #2 accident in her undies and Haylee was so upset....so upset that our sitter tried calling me at work. Poor H! Sidenote: Last night Haylee cried for a good 5 minutes straight about wanting to wear her big girl underwear to bed, but we insisted she wear a pull up. That was a hard sell, but she eventually slept in her Princess pull-up. Day #5 (today!)--So far so good on the peeing side of things- no accidents! Again today H told our sitter for an hour that she had to go #2, but had another accident in her undies. It's probably a bit of stage fright...we will push on! I can't believe my baby girl is using the potty and wearing underwear!!!! Where has the time gone? As Chris always says..."My baby is growing up way too fast!" We are so proud of her for having this great luck with our 1st attempt of potty training...I hope the trend continues!

No comments: